Mission & Vision
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre supports people in its neighbourhood, especially those who face economic and/or social barriers, to enrich their lives and the life of our community. We do this by working in partnership with local residents and organizations to deliver a range of community, health, and social support services that are responsive to local needs and opportunities.
We envision healthy neighbourhoods where people work together to foster respect and mutual support, celebrate diversity and work collaboratively to ensure a safe, caring, just society for all.
- Well-being. We believe that all people have the right to the fundamental conditions that enable good health, and the ability to contribute to their full potential. These conditions include: living free from violence, safe affordable housing, liveable incomes, nutritious food, a vibrant eco-system, and access to responsive institutions and high-quality community resources.
- Empowerment. We believe people have the power to improve their own lives and to act collectively to improve the conditions in their neighbourhoods.
- Equity. We recognize that individuals and their communities experience systemic inequalities in Canadian society. We are committed to challenging those inequalities through our work.
- Diversity. We support and celebrate diversity as an integral part of helping us to reach our mission. We promote equal opportunity in the delivery and administration of our services.
- Accessibility. We strive to create a welcoming, inclusive, safe, supportive, and accessible place for all.
- Integrity. We are committed to practices that are honest, ethical and accountable.