DPNCHC likes to hear from anyone who visits our Centre. Comments and complaints help us to make our services better and to create a safe, supportive, and accessible environment. Every complaint we get will be treated fairly, fast, and communicated appropriately to all staff involved.
Our Complaints Policy:
- Clients, program participants, and volunteers have the right to complain about things at DPNCHC. You can also share any concerns you may have with about Centre or its services.
- When possible, complaints should be made within 10 business days. You can make your complaint to any DPNCHC staff member in person or write a letter. They will give the complaint to the supervisor.
- We will give you with an answer three business days.
- If you are not happy with the answer, you can ask for a higher level manager to look at it.
- You can also take your complaint to a member of the Management Team, or to the Executive Director right away.
- When looking at your complaint, the Executive Director may ask the President of the Board of Directors, or another health care or social work professional from another Community Health Centre to look at the case as an advisor.
- Then a decision will be made on the complaint based on their review. This decision will be shared with you as soon as possible in person or in writing.
- If you are not happy with this decision, you can take your complaint to the President of the Board of Directors in writing. The President will decide if he/she is able to a decision, or else they will form a board committee to do it. The Board may ask people from other agencies to make a decision. The Board will answer your complaint in 20 days.