The DPNCHC offers health promotion and disease prevention workshops throughout the year to support individuals to help take care of their health.
Vitality Exercise Group
Learn different exercise techniques at this free drop-in class for DPNCHC Health Centre patients. Chance to win a prize in each class!
If you’re not a patient, call us at 416-658-6812 to book an intake appointment.
Living Better with Pain
This 6-week program is for people who have had pain for more than 6 months. It is led by our physiotherapist and will help you improve daily functions despite having chronic pain. You will also have individual 30 minute physiotherapy session each week.
The ability to read, write and speak English is required when attending the workshop. A free workbook will be provided.
- 09 Feb, 2016 (Tuesday) 4.00-5.30pm
- 16 Feb, 2016 (Tuesday) 4.00-5.30pm
- 23 Feb, 2016 (Tuesday)) 4.00-5.30pm
- 01 Mar, 2016 (Tuesday) 4.00-5.30pm
- 08 Mar, 2016 (Tuesday) 4.00-5.30pm
- 15 Mar, 2016 (Tuesday) 4.00-5.30pm
Please call Janet, Physiotherapist at (416) 658- 6812 ext. 218 to register. Classes are held in the Oliver Room.
A free 20-week Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) skills group for individuals who want to learn to:
- manage emotions better
- improve distress tolerance
- develop mindfulness
- communicate more effectively
To be eligible, potential participants are required to have an individual therapist/counselor, struggle with significant emotional dysregulation, commit to attending regularly and identify behavioural goals. Please contact Debbie at (416) 656-8025 ext. 239 or Eugenia at ext. 231.
Tolerating Temptation – Tolerating Triggers
An 8 week mindfulness-based relapse prevention program for addictive behaviours.
Some of what to expect:
- Better understanding of how our thoughts affects our feelings and actions
- Develop greater awareness of triggers, habits and automatic reactions
- Learn ways to respond rather than react
- Intro to mindfulness meditation
Contact Debbie at (416) 656-8025 ext 239 to register, or for more information.