DPNCHC Parent/Caregiver Workshops
Dear staff and community colleagues,
I am pleased to inform you that DPNCHC’s Settlement team and Counsellor/Therapist (Sidonia Couto) will be facilitating a FREE 4 week workshop series for Portuguese and Spanish speaking caregivers that aim to enhance their capacity to further support their children in educational attainment in the secondary school system. In addition, these workshops aim for parents/caregivers to: Support education at home
- Increase knowledge of the education system
- Advocate for their child(ren) & problem solve issues
- Support their child’s emotional wellness
The Spanish speaking workshops will take place on Thursdays November 2, 9, 16 and 23, from 5:30 – 8:00 P.M.
For details please click on the links to see flyers attached to this message (English).
The Portuguese speaking workshops will take place on Tuesdays November 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 6:00-8:00pm.
For more details please click on the links to see flyers attached to this message English.
A few things to know:
- Registration is required for workshops. Please register early as there is limited space.
- Childcare and refreshments are provided.
- Reasonable accommodation(s) will be made upon request.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Please do share this information to your clients/program participants/patients that may benefit from being part of a dynamic parenting/caregiver group!
Thank you and if you have any questions please contact (416) 656-8025 Sidonia (ext 349) and/ or Erika (ext 238).