Fit 55+ is the name of our fitness initiative under which we run a number of free, multi-cultural programs for both the able-bodied and frail.
Fitness is a high priority for DPNCHC Seniors. In a recent independent study, it was found that DPNCHC seniors are more active in joining in programs/services and more active in their daily lives than survey participants outside our agency.
Fit 55+ will improve your independence, health, and well-being through fun, physical activity.
Here are the different programs we offer:
Get Fit 55+
- Low impact aerobics, stretching, motion and balance exercises, weight lifting, and more.
- Led in English, Portugese and Italian for women and men 55+
- Tuesdays 2:30 – 3:30
Chair Zumba and Sit Fit 55+
- Chair aerobics, small weights, stretching and more.
- Led in English for women and men 55+
- Wednesdays 2:30 – 3:30
Walk Fit 55+
- Seasonal mall-walking program (Oct. – Apr.) in partnership with the Galleria Shopping Centre, 1245 Dupont Street at Dufferin.
- Led in English, Italian and Spanish for women and men 55+
- Mondays and Thursdays 8:45 – 10 a.m.
- Mondays from 11:00am – 12:00pm
Nordic Pole Walking
- Tuesdays from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m at Wadsworth Park (120 Connolly Street).
- A lower intensity, yet energizing exercise class incorporating modified Latin dance steps from cha-cha, salsa, cumbia, merengue, flamenco and tango; and moves from the twist, Charleston, and belly dancing.
- Service in English, Portuguese and Spanish for women and men 55+
- Thursdays 3 – 4 p.m.
- Thursdays from 11:00am – 12:00pm
Ping Pong and Bocce
- Mondays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:30
In-Home Fit 55+
- In-home service assisting frail seniors through individualized exercise programs.
- Service in English, Italian and Spanish.
- By appointment. Contact Cesar at 416-656-8025 ext.262