Upcoming DPNCHC Portuguese and Spanish speaking Parent/Caregiver Workshops
Dear Community Colleagues,
I am pleased to inform you that DPNCHC’s Settlement team and Counsellor/Therapist (Sidonia Couto) will again be facilitating a FREE 4 week workshop series for Portuguese and Spanish speaking caregivers that aim to enhance their capacity to further support their children in educational attainment in the elementary school system. In addition, these workshops aim for parents/caregivers to:
- Support education at home
- Increase knowledge of the education system
- Advocate for their child(ren) & problem solve issues
- Support their child’s emotional wellness
The Spanish speaking workshops will take place on Thursdays March 1, 8, 15 and 22, from 4:00 – 6:00 P.M.
The Portuguese speaking workshops will take place on Fridays March 2, 9, 16, and 23 from 12:30pm-2:30pm.
A few things to know:
- Registration is required for workshops. Please register early as there is limited space.
- Childcare and refreshments are provided.
- Reasonable accommodation(s) will be made upon request.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Thank you and if you have any questions please contact (416) 656-8025 Sidonia Couto (ext 349) and/ or Erika Garcia (ext 238).
Sidonia Couto MSW, RSW